The Girl Travels

A log of my recent adventures in Vietnam, Cambodia, Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala

Monday, May 29, 2006

I'm not leaving for three months, but I've already got a blog

I leave for Vietnam and Cambodia on September 8. I'll be in Vietnam for about two weeks, traveling down the coastline from Hanoi to Saigon, and then I'll be in Cambodia for a little less than a week, from Phnom Penh to Angkor Wat/Siem Reap.

In preparation for what I think will be an epic journey (or about as epic as 18 days can get), I'm going to try to keep this blog so everyone can stay informed as to where I am and what I'm doing. Also, this means I don't have to write a lot of emails. When practical, I'll include some pictures. But expect a Kodak Gallery of several hundred photos on my return anyway.

So this post and probably the next few will be the of the dull, preparatory ilk. For example: I just bought travel insurance, which provides for $100M should I have to be Medevac-ed out of Southeast Asia. On July 1 I am going to start the miserable visa application process. Oohh, I almost gave you chills, didn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home