The Girl Travels

A log of my recent adventures in Vietnam, Cambodia, Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala

Saturday, June 03, 2006

The most thrilling post ever

So... I was discussing my blog with some friends, and they suggested that since it was a travel blog, and might be used as a resource, that I should include a list of what I am bringing with me.

Like I said, thrilling.

I'm taking Singapore Airlines, and they restrict you to one carry-on weighing 15 pounds or less (which sounds like a lot to everyone except me). Since I will be on more than one plane, I'm not checking any luggage. Changing planes + overseas travel = lost luggage.

Clothes - 3 tank tops, 5 t-shirts, 3 pairs of capris/bermudas, 1 pair long pants, 1 long skirt, 1 gauzy long sleeve shirt, bathing suit, PJs, underwear, etc.

Shoes - flip flops, Teva sandals

Toiletries - too embarassingly extensive to list individually, but... moisturizer, toothbrush/paste, contact lens stuff, nail care, hair care, skin care, razor/shave gel, Blistex, minimal makeup

Accessories: camera, extra memory cards, iPod, umbrella, money belt (I'm a dork! But I'm a smart dork), flashlight, bug spray, sunblock, towel, sunglasses, hand sanitizer, small roll of toilet paper, sleep sheet, daypack, journal/pen, book, earplugs, eyemask, lock, sewing kit, ziplock bags (so handy), and, of course, my passport, visas, insurance, ID, and copies of all of those things

First Aid: bandages, moleskin, hydrocortizone cream, Calamine lotion, Neosporin, Sudafed, Advil, Immodium AD, Pepto Bismol, Abreva (medicine's great miracle), my BCP, and my Epi-Pen. I also have prescriptions for an antibiotic, Diflucan, and Malarone (anti-malarial).

Before I even started packing, I checked with my doctor and the CDC Travel site (link is on the left) to see what vaccinations were necessary before I left. For these areas, Hepatitis A, Malaria, Dengue Fever, and Typhoid are issues. The only way you can protect yourself against Dengue Fever is by repelling mosquitos. There is a vaccine for Typhoid, but it is only considered 75% effective. It's all about the DEET.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home