The Girl Travels

A log of my recent adventures in Vietnam, Cambodia, Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala

Friday, September 01, 2006

One Week to Go

I'm starting to get really excited now. When I first booked the trip, I read everything I could get my hands on about Vietnam and Cambodia, but the excitement dropped off a few months ago and now I have to go back and re-read it all again. I'm completely prepared with everything I need (at the moment, it's all in a big pile in my closet), plus I have a "shopping list" for when I have my layover in Singapore so I can purchase all of my dangerous gel hair products and toxic, deadly liquid moisturizers before I get to Hanoi and make the mad dash from the airport to the hotel in time for a shower before our first tour meeting.

Anyway, I'm setting aside time this weekend to re-familiarize myself with my itinerary. And also, to see my family before I go. Ernesto spoiled our plans for a nice weekend in Maryland, so I'll just have to make do with some light reading material, my parent's comfy couch, the dog sleeping next to me, and some Chips Ahoy! cookies (side note: for people who claim they are trying to lose weight, my parents keep a surprising amount of junk food - cookies, ice cream, etc. - in the house).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home